Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta | The Emerald Magazine
Wonderfully simple and elegant, this appetizer pairs well with friends and a glass of rosé. Make the best of late season strawberries and Humboldt County’s world-famous goat cheese. Leftover bruschetta is lovely on top of mixed greens.
- 1 rustic baguette, sliced
- 4 ounces Humboldt Fog or a soft goat cheese
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon canna-olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Slice baguette. If you prefer toasted, spread slices across ungreased cookie sheet and toast in oven at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes, turning once halfway through. Combine strawberries, canna-olive oil, balsamic and black pepper in mixing bowl. Top each slice with chunk of Humboldt Fog, 1 tablespoon of strawberry mixture and a few slivers of basil. Serve and enjoy!