Spicy Cannabis Pecans | The Emerald Magazine
Spicy Cannabis Pecans
Whip up these sweet and savory canni-spiced nuts to snack on between visits to the relatives. Or double the recipe for an easy, edible holiday gift for cannabis-loving friends and family.
- 1 pound pecans (or nut of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Tear off large piece parchment paper or aluminum foil and spread out on counter.
- Mix spices in small bowl. Set aside.
- Toast nuts in skillet set over medium heat. Toss gently or stir with a wooden spoon frequently for about 5 minutes or until strong roasted aroma is released. Watch carefully and don’t leave the room — nuts can burn in a matter of seconds!
- Stir in the spices until just fragrant. Cut cannabis and regular butter into pats; add, stir to melt. Add sugar, then water, stirring after each. Stir until the sugar has completely melted and the nuts look glazed, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and remove from heat.
- Spread the nuts evenly onto the parchment or foil, taking the time to separate each nut so that they don’t stick together. Allow to cool completely.
- Fill a half-pint Mason jar with pecans and adorn with a red or green ribbon. And most importantly — be absolutely certain you label these goodies as cannabis-friendly!