Edible Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark | The Emerald Magazine
Edible Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
For a balance of elegance and taste, Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark has become a stylish holiday classic. No one needs to know it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare! For the right friends, incorporate cannabis using finely ground kief to minimize the cannabis flavor.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- A few candy canes
- 3 to 6 grams kief
- Place a large piece of parchment paper or foil on the counter.
- Place candy canes in a ziplock and wrap loosely with a dishtowel (to minimize the mess). Using a rolling pin, hit, roll and crush candy canes into small chunks.
- Set metal bowl over a pot of water to a low simmer. Don’t allow water to directly touch the bottom of the bowl – this could scorch your chocolate. (Alternatively, use a double boiler). Place chocolate chips in bowl and gently stir until completely melted, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract and kief, adjusting the quantity to your preferred cannabis strength.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread evenly with a spatula. Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Allow bark to cool until hardened. Break into pieces for a rustic look. Package in small gift boxes or wrap in holiday-colored cellophane. As to not spoil anyone’s holiday — be sure to label as cannabis-friendly!